Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Biting Nipping?

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
What does nipping look like? I think Twix nips Marble sometimes, but I'm not sure if it's nipping or biting.. I haven't noticed any wounds on Marble. Right after Twix nips/bites at him, he backs off then goes back to chasing and mounting him. I'm just paranoid that Twix is going to really hurt Marble and I just want to know what nipping looks like. Could someone post a video or something, please?:?:

Nipping is biting at, but not breaking the skin. If the skin is broken, it's a bite.

OK. So is Twix nipping, then? Is nipping normal during dominance?

My guinea pigs never fight but occasionally if one annoys one of the others or hogs the water bottle or food dish, one of them will nip. Nipping is sort of like a small peck. I think it's more of a bluff than an actual bite. They probably feel it, but I don't things it's meant to break the skin or inflict damage; it's more of a warning.

OK. That sounds like Twix. Whenever Marble gets in his face, like, tries to sniff Twixie's nose, Twix nips him but doesn't actually break the skin or anything. Thanks, you both! I'm going to make a bigger cage after the New Year's when I get my loft bed to see if that will help Twix's nips. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.