Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Nice video on happy wheeking and purring

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
This video shows four happy little pigs waiting for food. Is that purring at the end of the video?
[video=youtube;Zbr95G1jQaY]

Awww! Happy piggies! Yes, those piggies are purring at the end of the video. I'd clip out the first 40 seconds or so, though, where your audience is staring at nothing but food bowls. :D

I've never heard a happy purr from my piggies. It kind of makes me sad. Lol

@MissJean Makes me wonder what you're doing wrong! :D Just kidding. Sorry to hear that you're piggies don't make happy nosies though.

See, I don't think that's a happy sound. To me, it's saying, "Where the heck is the food? What's taking so long? Get away, I should get mine first."

It's the same sound I hear pigs make to each other when they are irritated.

That sounds like the sound Tate makes when Jasmine forces him out of the hidey home. I think it's an irritated sound like @foggycreekcavy said.

@foggycreekcavy and @Crazy Cavies So piggies purr when they're upset? I thought they only purred when they were happy. :?:

I still think they were just excited. Any one else able to put in their two cents worth?

I was wondering the same thing, my piggies make a purring sound when i pet them, but when i rub the top of their head the one closes her eyes and just sits there like a cat when u rub under their chin she looks and seems relaxed but no purring no sure if its oh i like that or your annoying me lady!

My (foster) girls will both lift their chins when they're being stroked from underneath. Like, "oh that feels good!" Then, I was petting my brown girl's underside last night during lap time, and she just raised her body so I could get a better reach! I have no doubt she was enjoying that! :D

there is a difference in purr and rumble.

I know that Sugar and Chuzzle BOTH purr when I pick them up to cuddle..but they rumble at each other when one tries to get into a hidey the other is in. There is a different frequency to the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

@CritterLuvva I think piggies purr when they're happy, and burr when they're irritated. Tate burred when Jasmine took his lettuce yesterday...

I'd clip out the first 40 seconds or so, though, where your audience is staring at nothing but food bowls. :D

The OP didn't create the video. This one has been on youtube for a while.

Awww! Happy piggies! Yes, those piggies are purring at the end of the video. I'd clip out the first 40 seconds or so, though, where your audience is staring at nothing but food bowls. :D

Oops, I should have stated this was only found on youtube, not my personal video.

I have a pig in my lap when I played that and she went INSANE! She was wheeking and sniffing like madly. I think it's cute. And My pigs make that noise too, I never know if it's because they're happy or upset.

and she just raised her body so I could get a better reach!

How do you know she wasn't raising her body to get away from your hand?

and she just raised her body so I could get a better reach!

How do you know she wasn't raising her body to get away from your hand?
In my experience, if they don't like the way they're being petted, they'll just walk away, especially if it's a pet from underneath.

I've seen lots of guinea pigs raise up when a hand or finger is put underneath them. Most pigs do not like being petted or touched on their bellies, or on their bottoms.

I'm not saying that is what your pig is doing. However, don't be too quick to think that guinea pigs like what we do to them. Most of the time they just tolerate it.

I've seen lots of guinea pigs raise up when a hand or finger is put underneath them. Most pigs do not like being petted or touched on their bellies, or on their bottoms.

I'm not saying that is what your pig is doing. However, don't be too quick to think that guinea pigs like what we do to them. Most of the time they just tolerate it.
"I tolerate you because you bring the numm-numms." :cool:

Is that purring at the end of the video?

That sounds like the noise my piggies make when I brush their hair the wrong way and they're irritated with me... So no not happy purring but more grumpy burring -> :grumpy:

Cute video but feed your dang piggies!! All I could think for the 70 seconds I watched it was "why aren't you feeding them yet? It's obvious they're hungry!!" (I skipped the first 40 seconds of nothingness...)

"I tolerate you because you bring the numm-numms." :cool:

lol So true! I'm pretty sure if guinea pigs could get veggies/hay/pellets themselves they would live on their own!! :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.