Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newbie!(:

TheSillyMillie

Cavy Slave
Hey there! My name is Haleigh, I'm sixteen years old and a new proud owner of my guinea pig Millie! I've had her for about a month. She's three months old (as a good guesstimate). I am very curious to see what breed she is?! I will post a picture here soon, because I can't add them via iPodTouch. I made Millie a C&C cage yesterday! I will post a picture here of that as well, so you guys can give some advice and what not!:) She seemed to absolutely adore it and started to popcorn and make her little squeaking noises! Millie loves her kale and grass. That's all I can seem to get her to eat? She won't eat bell peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, or parsley?! Any ideas on more veggies for her would be appreciated. I'm going to try carrots and tomato when we go to the store next.

Millie LOVES to get her belly rubbed! She even tries to roll over, and if I stop she nudges my hand back on her! So cute! LOL!:)
She has adjusted to her new home very well! She isn't frightened by my wiener dog anymore!

Millie is a mostly honey colored on her body, with a little black stripe on her side. The stripe isn't a solid line, it's mixed in with the honey color. Her face is half honey colored and half dark brown with a white stripe between the two. She also has a little colic (rosette) ontop of her head. We call it her little fro-hawk!!:D
Any ideas on the breed yet?? Let me know!
And any ideas on the veggies let me know!:)
Make it a great day!!:)

Welcome to the forums!

Piggies don't like to be on their backs, so I wouldn't rub her belly. You could, but make sure she is supported well.

Please get her a friend! Piggies do best in pairs. Is your C&C cage a 2x4? In that case, you don't have to extend to add another Piggy. If it is a 2x3 you will have to extend to a 2x4.

Again, welcome to the forum! Sorry I cannot help you with the breed until we get some PIGtures!

:D

She never really lay on her back, she kind of lays on her side to expose her tummy so I can pet it! And I am home full time (online classes) so I am always with her in place of another guinea pig. And I don't think my mother would get another one haha! It is a 2x3! I'm thinking of making a little loft! And I still want to make a forest for her!
I will get on posting a PIGture soon!:D

[GuineaPigCages.com] Newbie!(:
Here is Millies 2x3 C&C cage!:) I'm still adding a loft and a forest soon!

One of Millie's FAVORITE spots to lay down, she LOVES tobe rocked back and forth and softly petted:)

Here is one of my absolute favorite pictures of Millie! Just look at those paws! And her little colic on her head! So dang cute!

lol shes a cresent... pretty sour i didnt spell that right though XD

Bahahaha! I think that's how you spell it! xD ....maybe there's a c in it? o_O
Like....
Crescent?
Lollll!
Oh well!
But I think that's it, someone else said that on another post:)

I know that you believe you are just as good as another pig-- and I am not saying you aren't-- but humans still cannot match another Pig. She may seem happy, but you will see a whole other side of her with another same-species friend. They can understand each other, but they can't understand us when we talk for example.

So please do get her a friend! We can all help you find one, as well. :)

Also, adding a loft will be great. But for a 2x3, I am not really sure. The ramp will take away some space from the floor of the cage, which is all that counts in the grand scheme of things.

;)

Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.