Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

walrus_2001

Cavy Slave
hey all!!
Just stumbled across your site while researching guinea pigs, as I am thinking of getting some (maybe 2??). Anyways just thought I'd let you know who I am. I live in Australia, and this would be my first attempt at really having any pets. My parents would never let me, but I think they're coming around. Part of the reason is that a lot of things make my dad sneeze, but we have been looking after my brothers mice while hes been away for the last 3 weeks and this has proved that not all animals do!!! (mainly only cats i think actually). Anyway I've posted a pretty detailed question in the "outdoor environments section as well, so please take a look and see if you can help me out!!

Great site btw!!!
John

Jennie&Steve

Cavy Slave
I would definately suggest exposing your dad to guinea pigs before buying one. Guinea pigs are extremely allergenic animals ... I think they have more dander or something??? ... and many people are allergic to them. I have a cousin who's allergic to cats (but not dogs) and her allergies flare up the moment she is even in the same room as a guinea pig. She doesn't have to touch it or even get near its cage. Anyway, I'd look into it before buying one.

Good luck. Allergies are a pain ...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.