Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Newbie in a Cavy Slave's world( Blog Edition)

• Thread starter spiritofthepig5
  • Start date
Blog entry from old forum

spiritofthepig5

Cavy Slave
Hello People of the Piggy World! I am the mother of three beautiful babies. Pancake Peaches and Delilah.They are three healthy happy female pigs. They "came into my life" about a month ago. They came from a horrible home, from a teenaged girl's house who in my opinion was very irresponsible. My girlies were very sad when I saw first them in their tiny bird cage where they could hardly move, they had to climb over each other to get around and they didn't even have a hidey house Now, I'm not mad at all at this girl I'm just glad I could rescue innocent animals)

I took them home in a cat carrier on a old windy afternoon. The girl had ran out of food the other day and the girlies were STARVING! I ran straight to Pet Supplies Plus( they only sell fish and sponsor pet rescues) I bought them Oxbow Timothy Hay and Organic Oxbow Food I also had Romaine Lettuce already. When I brought them home I set them up in the living room in there tiny bird cage( I had ordered supplies for a 2x8 but it hadn't arrived yet) I moved them to a slightly larger pet store cage and they were a little bit happier, they could move without touching each other constantly. Everything seemed just peachy, they were fed and they devoured their lettuce.

The cage supplies had arrived a couple of days later but I realized I only bought enough grids for a 2x4 cage so I decided to build them a 2x4 then add on later. When I built and put them in there new cage they instantly were much much happier. Everything was great and then It happened.
One day I was feeding the piggies and I noticed Pancake was limping on her right back leg. I checked her foot and it looked tight and it was bending easily. It didn't seem to be painful so I called the vet and made an appointment for the next day. The vet said it was just from stress.
I was so relieved and it healed a week later, she was just fine. :heart:

So now I have three great healthy piggies. So that's my story. I will keep y'all up to date

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.