Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grow Your Own newbie grass question...

canbquik

Cavy Slave
was looking for grass for the piggers and some one suggested the Chia cat grass. So, I looked it up and this is what I found.....

12. Cat grass is a healthy addition to your cat’s diet. It aids in digestion, and helps
your cat remove hair balls. Cat grass is great source of fiber and chlorophyll. Chia
Cat Grass is a tasty blend of oat and wheat grasses, which is a delicious treat
for cats, dogs, birds and other pets

So my question is , has anyone tried this before? Interested in any help you my have. Thanks, Chris

I know that wheat grass is good for them! Here is a website full of instructions:
(broken link removed)
A lot of people that grow it cut it off first so the piggies don't get so messy in the dirt.

I grow wheat grass for mine in the kitchen window. You can get the seeds at any health food store, so all you need is a pan and some potting soil.

Just don't feed them a whole bunch the first time you give it to them -- start with small amounts and work up, or else they can develop bloat.

Just don't feed them a whole bunch the first time you give it to them -- start with small amounts and work up, or else they can develop bloat.

Makes since but I was wondering.
Why should it cause them bloat as long as they are use to unlimited hay?
I was wondering because I'm thinking of doing this for my two girls and have never grown my own before. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.