Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to this site :)

Cherrish09

Cavy Slave
Hi, I am a recently new owner of 2 female guinea pigs named Chloe and Zoie. I came upon my two new babies on a site called Craigslist. I have always wanted these little critters but never had the time or money until recently. About 2 weeks before my birthday i came across a posting for the 2 guinea pigs, their cage food and everything for $20... i couldnt let these girls slip away. :) My mom got them for me for my 20th birthday. As far as I know I am the 3rd owner of the girls. The couple I got them from rescued them from an unhealthy environment of an owner who didnt care for them properly. They nursed them back to health and then decided to give them a healthy home. ME :) I am not sure of their exact age but she told me they were around 2 yrs old. So as I am new to being a guinea pig owner and new to this site I am VERY appriciative of any and all advice!!!!

Congrat on your new baies.

My advise would be to educate yourself very well on this site and others.
Read as much as you can and make sure you do the best you can for your girls.

One of the very first things you should do is make sure your cage is an adiquate size.
Check out the main cage here.
Also make sure you have them on a great quality pellet and are giving them hay and vegetables daily.

Hello Everyone I am new 2 this site & i would like some advice about my crazy guinea pig, Miya. Miya jumped/flipped out of her cage she is about 4" high the cage is 18" high. I know i might seem like a troll, but this is a TRUE story. Ever since then, her "sister" Momo has been fighting/biting her so I have seperated them. How do I get Miya to stop acting crazy and for momo to like her again???

Welcome to you both!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.