Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C New to the C&C and Fleece stuff

PiggieAngels

Cavy Slave
So at the moment I am sadly pigless. :(

I eventually plan on getting at least 2 piggies, but with life being as hectic as it is at the moment with my dad's health problems, me studying to take a state certification exam and not having a steady job-well.. It's stable and it's more steady then I would like to admit but I want a more full time job then part time- piggies just aren't happening right now. But I'm seeing all the wonderful cages and fleece setups and I'm curious. I know I can just buy a cage/cage set then assemble but I want the like, actual experience I guess ha. Like, I want to know where would I need to go to get certain supplies and stuff.

What I'm curious about is the cage material.. Grids right? How do you put the together? Do you just zip tie them together? Or is there another way that's better for the pics to connect them?

I think I kinda more or less get the idea for cuddle cups/cozies/beds and the like so I think I'm pretty much ok when it comes to that.

I also think I pretty much get the role of fleece in the cages so I think I'm good there too.

And I think the only other question I have now is when people are saying they have a kitchen area in the cage, what does that mean?

So I really hope my post makes sense. I love the way the cages are so open and so big and that is what I want to do eventually when i get more piggies.
Thank you!

Grids/Cubes- I use zip ties to my cage together. You can use the things that come with the grids, but they fall off.

Fleece- You must sweep the fleece dailey for it to work.

Kitchen- This is an area where all the food is. Just set aside a part of your cage for all the food.

Kitchens are also commonly used for the piggy to potty more there.
Whistles goes in 1 hidy/his kitchen. Makes cleaning a breeze.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.