Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to Cavy Cages Forums

PiperPig

Cavy Slave
Hi! I'm new here and would just like to introduce myself and my guinea pig, Piper. I rescued Piper from an animal shelter nearly three months ago. Prior to that I owned another guinea pig for five years, who died suddenly late last year. After grieving her passing I decided that I just couldn't spend another day without a little wheeking to keep me up at night. A few months later I had Piper. She has thus far been very sweet, and, despite her initial skittishness, has finally grown more comfortable with me. She is just now getting accustomed to floor time, and so has not been allowed free reign of my room yet. We're certainly getting there, though.

I am very happy to have found this site and all it's worthwhile information. I'm also very interested in building a C & C cage of my own, especially now that I've become aware of the limited space Piper's current cage provides. Would it be possible for me to incorporate the cage she has now into a C & C cage? Such as using it for the base, and then adding more spacious levels? Or do you reccomend just starting from scratch? If at all possible I would like to include her current cage, so any such suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum!

Wheekwheek

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums, its my first day here as well. It sounds like you got a great pig.. I tell you its something else when finally your pigs start to warm up to you and relax in your presence. That's just a really good day.

I thought about incorporating my old cage into the design of my new one, putting in a ramp that leads up to it to give them a sort of "condo" on top. I would definitely start out with a C&C cage though and then work from that, unless you have a cage now with alot of sq feet for Piper to run around in. Having the basic at least 7.5 sq feet (preferred 10.5ft) might help your cage designing too I know buying my 2x5 gave me alot of ideas. You'll be glad you did their little personalities just come out with all that room.

WheekWheek

bromers

Cavy Slave
All the newbie are out in force. Welcome piperpig and wheekwheek

fatboy-n-moobie

Cavy Slave
Welcome piperpig and wheekwheek. I'm new here also. I built a C&C cage about 2 weeks ago for my 4 boys. The absolutely love it.
Piperpig, if you look through the galleries of cages, you'll get a lot of ideas as I did. There also are C&C cages that incorporates pet store cages (if that's what you have).

PiperPig

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the welcomes everyone! Welcome to the rest of you too! I really appreciate the advice, and have looked at a lot of the cages in the gallery. They are very inspiring, and I already have quite a few ideas. As for Piper's current cage, yes, it is a pet store cage. A rather nice one, but a pet store cage nonetheless. It is so close to the desired size(just shy of 2x3) that I 'd really hate not to use it in the C&C cage I'm planning. I'd like to add another, more spacious level, as I don't have enough space to expand very much horizontally. I'll post a topic on one of the cage related boards and see what comes up. Thanks again for all your help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.