Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New piggies

W

wenquilt

New piggies

Hi, I'm new here and a new guinea pig owner. I was given a guinea pig about a month ago and he is the greatest but I decided that he needed a friend. We went to get a new piggie and there were 2 little boys and we fell in love with both so we took both of them. Now here's my question...when I start to introduce them, should I do all 3 together or 1 on 1 with my original guinea pig? By they way they're all boys and the 2 new ones were bought from a private person. Thank you.

M

miss g pig

Re: New piggies

i am just sorta guessing but i think yes you should introduce them all together.
put them on a neutral area and let them smell each other and let them sort out whos gonna be boss pig!!

B

Briana D

Please check out this link. It's the same question and all the answers are there.

<a href="https://pub79.ezboard.com/fcavycagesfrm9.showMessage?topicID=641.topic" target="top">pub79.ezboard.com/fcavycagesfrm9.showMessage?topicID=641.topic</a>

O

owlmail

Make sure of the sexes, I was surprised that the pet store was wrong. I finally checked myself. It's very obvious. There are pictures on the internet to check. You might end up with more piggies than you want.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.