Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New piggies are fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR THE LAST TIME I SAID I LIKE ONE AT AN ADOPTION PLACE. IVE ADOPTED BEFORE AND ILL DO IT AGAIN but sometimes you dont find the right one at the "right" place ps im a girl. and also its a lot less than 60 because i dont want to bring home a pair of bonded pigs and leave dagwell out and i dont want to neuter him so theres no girls. and i want an older one. after that its down to about 5. and i can see both sides ive been on both sides but nobody has to be so rude about it. guinea pig guy started this because he wanted to tell us about his cute new piggies .. not to argue about adoption. i think alot of you guys just like to argue

I'm sorry for calling you a GUY...but for nothing else. I don't like to argue. I just like to state the obvious...NO PET STORES!

Dacourt ,why don't you just leave everyone alone.If he wants to rescue this piggy from a shop he's fallen in love with let him. I'm sure it will be ok if he dosen't listen your advice just this once! Like mom to cujo was saying you can't throw him in jail if he dosen't listen to you.

Whoa, sorry about the he,I just went along with Dacourt

fyi everyone im a girl

I am enititled to my opinion just like everyone else. No, I can't throw someone in jail for buying from a Pet Store, but myself, and the MANY others who feel the same way about this issue, have the right and obligation to try to inform. Otherwise, how can we call ourself rescuers?

you dont have the right to try to make people who go to petstores feel like they are wrong or stupid or bad pet owners.

You can call your self a rescuer by saving piggies from shelters and pet shops.

but guinea pig guy what they want you to see is that "its not the petstore thats bad its the breeders" i dont agree with this but this i what i think theyare trying to say

In my opinion, you are wrong. Where is mncavylover when I need him.

You are a consumer when you buy from pet shops. You are feeding the corporate mentality that animals are a commodity. If you think I have been rough, go over to GuineaLynx and see how they respond.

was what i just said not right? its the behind the seens thing all you anti-pet store ppl are against or you just against it because you can be

No...the pet stores are bad too for buying from the breeders. I don't even shop in petstores that sell animals. As long as you contribute monetarily, you are allowing them to exist, and if you allow them to exist, they will continue to get their animals from breeders.

The only reason they sell animals is to get you into their store so you will buy all the supplies they need. So, the animals are nothing more than a gimmick. Why don't they call the rescues and see if they can make a deal with them to get the babies that they have. That way, they get the people into the store, and the rescues find homes for the pigs.

so everything about petstores is bad? then where do you buy your supplies?

I get my supplies from any supply store that does not sell animals. You can go to feed stores for hay and bedding ( we use fleece). You can also go to online stores like (broken link removed) or (broken link removed).

DaCourt I agree with everything you have said. Hello? You don't have to buy everything from the petstores. There are OTHER places. The words rescuing and petstore do not go together. You buy a pig from a petstore because you think you have a special 'bond' with it. You feel so good about yourself because you feel that you have rescued the poor thing from the bad conditions, then poof, oh look theres another one thats taken its place.

mn is a girl! We neeeeeeeeed you

Why do I keep assuming everyone is a guy. Sorry MN.

dagwellismypigy said:
FOR THE LAST TIME I SAID I LIKE ONE AT AN ADOPTION PLACE. IVE ADOPTED BEFORE AND ILL DO IT AGAIN but sometimes you dont find the right one at the "right" place ps im a girl. and also its a lot less than 60 because i dont want to bring home a pair of bonded pigs and leave dagwell out and i dont want to neuter him so theres no girls. and i want an older one. after that its down to about 5. and i can see both sides ive been on both sides but nobody has to be so rude about it. guinea pig guy started this because he wanted to tell us about his cute new piggies .. not to argue about adoption. i think alot of you guys just like to argue

but sometimes you dont find the right one at the "right" place
You can't find ONE cavy that's "right" out of 203?

and also its a lot less than 60
No, it's not. There are still over 60 homeless cavies in your area, whether in pairs or not.

Buying from a pet store is not rescuing. When you buy a guinea pig from a pet store you are lining the pockets of the owners and the breeding mills that supply them. The chain has to be broken somewhere if you continue to support the industry of guinea pig breeding by purchasing from such stores things will never change, the abuse will continue, and rescues all over the country will continue to be left picking up the pieces. As soon as you "rescue" a pet store pig one will be breed at the risk of the sow and put in its place. I know many people have purchased guinea pigs from stores before they were aware of the issues. However, most people once made aware of the abuse, neglect that these animals suffer before they even reach the store make the conscious decision to not support the industry.

You know now that I think about it I might rescue one of those poor piggies from a shelter said:
You know now that I think about it I might rescue one of those poor piggies from a shelter, if delaware had a shelter,but you see, I just don't see why you guys don't like to save the lives of the poor piggies at pet shops, you like to save lives of ones living in shelters,why not pet shops also?
We rescue from shelters because they need rescued. They need to find homes so shelters can take in more unwanted cavies. Shelters, even though they charge adoption fees, are not making a profit, not even one cent.

You can't rescue from a pet shop. Pet shops sell animals to make a profit. You are a consumer, by buying pigs, you are causing more to die and suffer. Unless you can "rescue" the pig from a pet store without paying for it, the pet store makes a profit and continues to sell more cavies; breeders keep breeding; sows and pups keep dying.

As long as you keep buying, pigs keep dying. You are contributing to the problem. If you stop buying, the pet store will no longer have a market for pigs and will stop selling them, and they will no longer need "rescued"

Would you buy a puppy from a pet store? Are you aware of where they come from?

but please may you rescue the poor piggies in pet shops and not leave them there for the owners kick around
I will never, ever buy a pet from a pet store. If they ar ein bad conditions I will call the humane soceity for them to seize the animals.

OH thank you, thank you, thank you, for the back up. I was wondering where everyone was. Glad you guys could make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.