Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy New Piggie Friend for Stella the Fella!

JadeRenee

Cavy Slave
So, after the whole deal of finding out that Stella is actually a fella, I started looking for a male piggie to be a buddy for Stella. I got to talking to a guy at work and he said his daughter had a guinea pig and she wasn't taking care of him and the rest of the family didn't really have the time to put forth for the piggies care. He said if I wanted to take the pig, I could. I asked him the sex and he said he was pretty sure it was a boy. So I asked if I could get together with him this weekend and see the little guy, check the sex myself, and possibly take him home.

So this weekend I met up with him and saw the little guy. I checked the sex and made sure he was in fact male, since I do not want to end up with babies, and he was! I was super excited, because he is adorable. I asked a lot of questions, because the guy I work with has been taking care of him and it sounds like he's healthy and has actually been taken care of relatively well, being fed veggies daily/etc. The only thing is he was in a pet store cage and never got floor time.

I went ahead and brought him home with me, and am planning on taking him to the vet soon, just to be sure everything is in order before I introduce him to Stella.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I decided to name him Arlo (he didn't previously have a name, they just called him "Pig"), and here's a picture of him during lap time this weekend:

New Piggie Friend for Stella the Fella!

He seems pretty young still, they must have got him when he was just a baby, because the guy I work with said they've only had him a few months. I can't wait to get everything taken care of and for time to pass so I can introduce him to Stella. I'm hoping things go well, but am prepared to keep them separated in two 2x3 C&C's if necessary... :)

Oh wow...super cute!! Is it just the pic or are there really light yellow streaks across the white on his face?

Oh wow...super cute!! Is it just the pic or are there really light yellow streaks across the white on his face?

I noticed that when looking at the picture, it's just the pic... Those aren't actually on him, haha. I don't know if the lighting in my room was just funky or what! But no worries, he doesn't have something on him! haha.

Oh I wasn't worried. Just curious. He's adorable :)

Oh I wasn't worried. Just curious. He's adorable :)
haha. I say "no worries" even when someone isn't worrying. It just comes out sometimes. But thank you! He's a big cuddler and seems to be warming up to me pretty well. I just hope him and Stella get along well enough!

The black over his eye makes it look like he's got some long eyelashes :) LOL

Ah! I never noticed that before, hahaha.

He's adorable! Love that nose -- the expression on his face says to me that he knows he's got it good now!

He's definitely got it super good, in a giant cage with lots of hay. He constantly runs through it and drags it all over the place. I have farm fresh hay that I buy locally and he gobbles it up like there's no tomorrow! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.