Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Pig!

shortlilcutie

Cavy Slave
I had posted this whole long post and my internet acted up and I lost it. So I'm going to sum up what I said. I have a 4 yr old male, I bought a 4-5 month old male. Introduced them after a couple days and there was no teeth chattering or biting. Just alot of following each other around, squeaking,and purring. Is this purring thing ok? My older pig seemed really happy, lots of purring, pop corning, and squeaking. Is there anything else I should look for? I want both of these pigs to be happy and love each other, I want them to be good companions so they can have happy lives. What else should I look for? Also, I need to know how to tame this new piggy. My older pig will walk right up to me and let me pick him up and stuff. But the new pig runs to hide whenever I come in the room, and runs from me whenever I try to pick him up. Also, they talk (squeak quietly) ALL the time! Is this normal? Are they just talking to each other? The first night they were driving me crazy,I couldn't sleep for a while! Oh yah, also my older/bigger pig sometimes moves really slow, and his hair kinda stands up. Is this ok? I think the new pig is still kinda scared of my pig, runs from him somewhat, and doesn't like him getting too close just yet....what do you think?

I think that the older piggy is just establishing his dominance and the piggies love each other! The younger piggy is just skittish for now. Wait a few weeks and he will come to trust you. Good luck, and congrats on your new 'baby'!

mncavylover said:
I think that the older piggy is just establishing his dominance and the piggies love each other! The younger piggy is just skittish for now. Wait a few weeks and he will come to trust you. Good luck, and congrats on your new 'baby'!
ok good....thank you!!! :eek:) Oh yah, is it normal for them to mount each other sometimes? What about occasional nipping (not hurting each other though)?

Yes, that is just showing dominance. It should wind down after a few weeks or so, that's what mine had happen anyway. Good luck! =)

mncavylover said:
Yes, that is just showing dominance. It should wind down after a few weeks or so, that's what mine had happen anyway. Good luck! =)
ok great!!! thank you so much!!!! so happy I picked the right piggy!! :O)

No problem, I'm here to help! =) Glad you're so excited and happy with your new piggy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.