Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New person

pinkflamingos77

Cavy Slave
My name is Lysa, I am married to G. We have 3 human earthlings, 2 dog earthlings, 2 cat earthlings and 2 female mice earthlings who came to me with 6 babies! We got them from a lady on craigslist. She got them from a pets shop a month ago. She was going to give them away for free and did not care what happen to them. I saw her post and wrote her right away. Picked them up that evening and we were transfering them from old cage to new cage and that is when we found the 6 babies. :eek: That was 2 weeks ago. So far everything is going great.

I do not have any guinea pigs right now. We had one named Oreo and he passed away back in February. We got him from a military couple off of craigslist who needed to re-home him due to them moving. :rolleyes:

We took in a few for some friends who needed to re-home their piggers. Found them nice, lovely new families and maybe in the future we will get 2 again.

I have came to the site many many times for information. I have looked at the picture gallery A LOT! I finally decided to register. I see you have a lot of forums with a lot of good info. :)

I am not sure if it is OK to be here since I have no guinea pigs at the moment but I hope it is. That was a long post. Thanks for reading :eek:

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hello ! I am new here too. I have always wanted guinea pigs and have had many pets but never a guinea pig. I have a friend whose daughter has rescued pregnant females and I hope to adopt babies when they are born. If not, I will look for some piggies in need of a good home. I am gradually setting up for when I get my pets. I have found a lot of the things I need and I'm having great fun. The anticipation is kind of like when you are expecting and you are setting up the nursery LOL

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC! This is the best place for accurate care information about guinea pigs. Being here will help you prepare for two when you decide to get them.