Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New pair: Grace and Picckalo in love

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
We introduced Grace and Picckalo, and just wanted to let you know that the star-crossed lovers are no longer star-crossed. They fell in love, frankly. I know that pig affection is different than human affection, but I've never seen anything like it.

(We had Grace spayed shortly after we brought her home, so those of you who know they were both intact -- there are no babies in their future!)

On their introduction, they sniffed each other and did a low, happy purr. Picckalo went over and started grooming her. She groomed him back a little, but mostly it was him being very gentle with her. They just curled up together. No grumbling, growling, dutting, mounting, nothing. Just happiness. We think it is interesting that, while Picckalo has far more "handicaps" than Grace, he is the one that is trying to take care of her.

Thank you everyone for your support in getting these two special pigs together. Special wheeks to @Els9547, @Hhbean, and @lemonham.

We will post pigtures as soon as we can.

Yay! Ive been following her story! Im so happy shes ended up with an amazing home!

I read through all of Grace's amazing story, and this is a beautiful addition! It sounds like absolute piggy-love. I wish them both a very long, and happy life, giving each other the love that you have shown them.

I'm so HAPPY to hear that they are just so right together! Thanks for the update @Wildcavy and I can't wait to see pigtures!

How cute! Good luck!

Sounds like Picckalo is being a perfect gentleman!! I'm so glad they're happy, healthy and finally together!! :D

Yay! I've read the stories about both of them and its so sweet! Thats so wonderful they can have each other.

How sweet! Congratulations on the piggy love!

We were really hopeful that it would work out. Their individual C&C pens were right next to each other. When Grace was at the vet's Picckalo would pace up and down the adjoining wall and whistle and cry. It was very sad. He was very pleased when she got back, and even moreso when they got up close and personal (had to wait for Grace to heal).

I just hope that it stays this way. Oink and Triton went through a rough patch after being together for a couple of months, enough so that I was really upset that we had matched them -- Triton started getting really anxious and kind of withdrawn, Oink got mean -- but after a month they settled back down and are a happy old married couple now (meaning, a little cranky but they like each other).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.