Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Carefresh New Kaytee Paper

CinnandMegsMom

Cavy Slave
I just picked up a bag of Kaytee Clean & Cozy for small pets. I think what sold me was the 99.9% dust free. I usually use Carefresh. I use fleece and only have a small section with paper. The white/white paper does concern me. I think bleach and don't want the girls playing with bleach paper. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. lol

Contact Kaytee and ask them. I had contacted them awhile back about another product and they said it wasn't bleached. They also sent me some coupons.

I don't know about it being bleached, but I use it for my Hamsters and they love it. They stuff up their houses/tubes etc.

I dont think it lasts as long as carefresh regarding odor, I think carefresh does a better job, but I like it because it is white and you can see things better.

It also expands like there is no tommorow! 1 bag lasts me almost 2 months with me changing 2 hamster cages at least once a week!

I love this stuff! I've used it for my hamsters, rats, and pigs. It works great as a litterbox bedding, as you can clearly see when it needs to be changed. My only issue is that it tends to be flung about quite easily, but I think that's due in part to my litterbox setup and size. For odor control, I found it to be better than carefresh. Not sure why that is!

I change their house everyday. I didn't want to put some new fangled stuff in there that would make them sick.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.