Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference New homemade piggy toy!

pandaloki

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure if I'm the first one who has done this but I just wanted to share :)

It's like having fiddle sticks but better, you can hang them anywhere, piggies can either eat hay or chew on cardboard.

I have a lot of cardboard tubes lying around because I save them for one of my piggies who love playing with them. He tosses it around the cage rather than chewing/eating it. Sometimes he uses it to hit his other cage mates. He's naughty that way. I poked holes in the middle of the tube and used paper twine to stack them together. Then filled it with hay.

My piggies love it! It does make a lot of mess but I don't mind... I don't use it as a hay rack, just a toy. I do worry about hay getting in their eye, is it dangerous?

[GuineaPigCages.com] New homemade piggy toy!

Cute!! Totally love

That is awesome!

Cool My Pigs Would Love It !

That's really clever the way you hung it up!

Thank you in advance from my pigs... they're going to flip out when they get this tonight.

Great idea! No, totally safe I would think :)

Haha, I couldn't give it to Twix. He devours cardboard like it's a gourmet delicacy.

Thats really cool :)

I saw this and made one of them using only one roll and my girls love it :) It spun around a bit too much for them to grab the hay so I tied it on the ends as well as the middle, now it spins enough for them work a little but not too much that they get discouraged and leave. Thanks for the idea!

Fabulous idea!
I am going to use it for sure!

Haha wow fantastic idea. Love it! I'm going to have to try it out.

that is a very cute idea . i think i will have to try that later before cage cleaning ..hehe

Kinda similar (as in the disposable stuffable way) I have started to use old tissue boxes with and extra hole or two cut out for the piggers as a hay box. Neither of my girls would eat out of the rack and with the KMS hay it was such a mess we started stuffing tubes and tissue boxes, works like a charm! This is a great idea to hang them:)

Awesome! Definitely going to try this!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.