Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Here

scarlettraven

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I am the proud parents of 2 sows. Bingo and Daisy. They are about 4 and 2 months old.
I just finished adding a 2x1 loft to their 2x3 cage.
So far they hate it! :( They are in the corner and refusing to move....I am hoping they will get brave and start to explore.
Any tips on how to get them use to it?

Here are some pictures, feel free to tell me if there is anything missing. (Please note the apple in the picture is the'r weekly treat ❤️).

[GuineaPigCages.com] New Here

They are adorable and I love their cage!

awesome, they are cute my piggie does the same thing when I add something new they will come around dont worry

First, cover the ramp with something -- cardboard or a draped piece of fleece. They'll learn to use it much more quickly that way, and then you can uncover it.

Cut those apple slices into bits, or use another treat. Make a trail of treats down the ramp. Put the pigs on top and show them the treats on the ramp. They'll soon figure it out. And they go down easier than they go up.

I agree with bpatters, use treats!

When you put them in such a big cage its overwhelming. The first 3 days or so I fed them their veggies scattered around the whole cage. That worked great.

Your pigs are super cute!

Great looking cage! Covering the ramp is a good idea. You can also cover part of the cage to make them feel more secure. Just safety pin or binder clip a towel to the grids on each side to make a canopy for them to relax under. My pigs love that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.