Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

new here-my Caesar died

elinaluna

Cavy Slave
Hi all, sort of new here for posting. I'm just sad today. (plus 8 month pregnant hormones do not help) When I went to check the boys this morning, I noticed Caesar laying funny and realized he passed away. His poor brother Cosmo would not come out of the house. I just wanted a little advice maybe for Cosmo. They have been together for 4 years now, and since we are not getting another pig I'm hoping he doesn't get depressed and pass soon also. We will give him extra cuddle time, and I'm going to give him a stuffed buddy to sleep next to, but what else is there? Oh, and we burried him in the garden with his bell toy- I'm going to plant some flowers as soon as it warms up. Thanks.

you should let hime be. If he seems really depressed you may want to think of fostering a pig, that way if cosmo passes you can just look more vigarosly for an adoptive home.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(
But on the other hand, congrats on the soon-to-come baby!
I agree with Dagwell, leave Cosmo be, for at least 1-2 months, then I would definately think about getting him a buddy. Why can't you get another one? If it's absolutely no, I think that would be OK, since you are going to give him extra cuddles + since he's on his own now. Are you making a cage/do you have one already? I think extra space would be nice too, but then it could freak him out. It depends on the pig. Make sure to give him extra veggies too! :)
Once again, so very sorry for Caesar's passing on!

I am very sorry you lost your special pig. Please keep an eye on Dagwell that he continues to eat during his depression. Piggies need to keep their flora in their guts active and taking a break from eating because he is depressed could be dangerous. Other then that, maybe a future friend would help. Remember to introduce side by side in separate cages and slowly.

Joey's Mom- It wasn't Dagwell, it was Cosmo :)

hehe dagwell is my piggy , but he lost his friend too and went through a bit of a mid life crisis, but we got atticus after a few weeks (dagwell was sooo miserable we did it sooner) Now he is very happy, and cute!
Also I would deffinatly get him a friend unless you absolutly can;t

Maybe you could adopt an older pig, like 3 or more years. Whenever cosmo is ready, of course.

Oh I am sorry for the name mix up :O(

You need to give Cosmo lots of extra attention right now. Don't let him sit in that cage and get depressed. I would consider finding a baby boar for Cosmo (I think you said he was 4 yrs old?). There are a lot of baby boars in rescues/shelters that need loving homes. I am sorry for your loss of Caesar.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.