Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nutrition New guinea pig wont eat ._.

Daron

Cavy Slave
Hiii, im new to the forum so hiiOk, my new piggie, Daron, wont eat or do nothing when im near D:,also i think e is not eating his pellets, nor his veggies(broccoli,tomate), from what ive seen he just eats his grass, and some coriander D:pLEASE HELP!!!!:weepy:

Be very patient. Guinea pigs are prey animals -- and they're very skittish because of that.

If you just got him, put his food near his hidey so he can get it and take it back inside with him. If you put the food there and leave it (change it if it gets old), you'll be able to tell when he starts eating.

Broccoli is not good for him except in very small amounts -- it can cause gas in his tummy, and possibly bloat.

He needs either fresh grass (no pesticides) or long strand grass hay all the time to keep his teeth worn down. I'm guessing grass is easier for you than hay, but you need to have a good supply for him so that he doesn't run out.

Read the "read me" sticky on the Diet and Nutrition forum for other things your pig can eat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.