Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New fleece and wanna change cage again

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
I got new fleece at Jo-anns fabric today. $9 for 2 yards and it is bright green. I have to cut it to the shape of the pigs cage and it makes me wanna make the cage bigger again. I want it to be something like a 3x3x1x2x2x2, I think. I'll post pictures when I am all done.

When you get tired of rearranging your cage, feel free to take a small drive NE and do a few of mine. Thanks in advance.

LOL, I think I am going to change it to a 3x4 and keep it that way. I am sick of changing it but nothing seems good enough for my spoiled ones.

You like bright green color? o_O Odd... hah.

This is their new cage and hopefully I won't change it for awhile because I like the size and it doesn't take up my whole room. YAY
New fleece and wanna change cage again

Build a 1x3 loft on one end if you want to do more work to it. The pigs will enjoy it.

Oh, I like it! I thought it was going to be majorly bright... Heh. Good job!

I wouldn't cut the fleece to fit beacuse my fleece shrunk a lot in the dryer. Now it doesn't fit all the way around the cage!

I love it I like the tents! Where did you get them?

stitsy&codypig said:
I love it I like the tents! Where did you get them?

I think the 'tents' are bent grids with some kind of cover on them.

Good job on the cage, Eventrocker.

this is probably a question covered here in lots of parts of the Cavy Cages Forum, but with the fleecey bedding, what do you put underneath? still the newspaper? and how often do you wash the towelling?

There are many things you can use under fleece. You can use wood stove pellets, newspaper, crib or mattress pads, puppy pads, sheets, cotton batting, etc. I don't recommend using shavings or carefresh under because it tends to really stick to the fleece. I personally use puppy pads with mattress pads over that then a layer of fleece on top.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.