Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Cozy Sack and Questions

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Makenzie and I also made some cozy sacks, and here's mine!
[GuineaPigCages.com] New Cozy Sack and Questions

Here is Ginger all snuggled up inside:

Now for the questions: I took that picture while she snuggled up in it while I watched TV on my bed. The one I showed of her in her cuddle cup was the same scenario. In her cage she won't go near her cozy sack unless I kinda guide her in it, and in this case she only stays in for a couple seconds, and
she only goes in her cuddle cup wrong
and only stays in there for like a minute. Right now she is sleeping next to her cuddle cup. How can I encourage her to go into them? Thanks for the help! :)

Noone? I even included pigtures!! :p

Love the cup.
My boys sleep on them, beside them, under them... but seldom in them.
I just let them use it the way they want.

Stick a veggie in there! Maybe they like feeling snuggled, but it's too warm inside he sack?

Love the cup.
My boys sleep on them, beside them, under them... but seldom in them.
I just let them use it the way they want.

Fine..I guess I'll have to...lol

Stick a veggie in there! Maybe they like feeling snuggled, but it's too warm inside he sack?

I never thought of that, thanks! And i will try the veggie trick. :)

The veggie trick usually works and if not, let them use it however and sometimes they just need to get use to it in their cage and maybe they haven't "investigated" it in their cage yet. All three of my guinea pigs use a similar cozy sack differently too depending on where I have it.

I have a cozy for my piggie too and she never uses it.My guess is that it's too warm for her being in there.

I cant wait to make some of these

mine never really used theirs until she had babies in it and now all of them hang in them. you did a really good job. im not good with the needle and thread so i had to buy mine.

Ginger now LOVES her cozy sack. She sleeps in it all day! I think she just had to get used to it...her cuddle cup hasn't had such luck though...it is still left untouched.

@stacy97006, Makenzie's mom helped us sew, I can't take credit for that :p

My Penelope uses her cuddle sack all day and Eleanor only goes in there to bother Penelope. Every pig has preferences and our jobs are just to cater to their desires. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.