Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C New cage!

Petuniapiggy

Cavy Slave
I just finished my C&C cage and it is huge! It goes from the wall to my bed. I won't be able to get in my closet! I did not think it was that big.

I put Fayette and Nixi in there and they just kind of stood there like they did not know what to do. The liners should be here soon and I will be ordering some tubes and cuddle cups later on. I can't wait to hopefully add Petunia in it too!

[GuineaPigCages.com] New cage!

Nixi

Fayette

I love it!! Omg!!! Ps where did you get your coroplast? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for purple!! And did you just cut coroplast pieces on
the ramp or what are those black things? :)

O ya and you might wanna cover the entire thing w/ the fleece and newspaper esp. b/c its empty in the corner and thats where they'll "eliminate" alot lol

I actually ordered the whole cage off of ebay. I figured it would equal the same amount of money as driving an hour and a half to buy the stuff.

It looks like they just cut strips of coroplast and glued them on there.

You can also buy coroplast at guineapigzone.com.Tell them ur cage size they cut it and mail it to you.

I love it! That fleece is cute too. You might want to cover the end under the ramp with something though (like @arionat799 said), also, just as a warning newspaper tends to get smelly really fast, so something like towels would probably be better. It looks great other then that! :)

I have had towels create quite a smell as well under fleece. I have had the best success minimizing odor by using Uhaul blankets.

My pigs were deathly afraid of their ramp (RIP ramp), until I glued coroplast to line the ramp. Just a thought in case your pigs are as timid as mine were. By the way, they are adorable!

LOL the RIP ramp. My lil one was deathly afraid of this as well. Until he discovered that its BEST use was for hiding underneath!

And- I would like to add. I've had pretty good success with 'puppy pads'. I only have one guinea. But my cage is separated into two parts. One part puppy pad & fleece the other part puppy pad & paper bedding for eating/pooing. It doesn't smell at all. I change it once a week. I definitely recommend this. However, make sure you prep the fleece after buying it from the store or you won't get good results the fleece will just absorb instead of the pad and it will smell.

Yes, I ordered liners to fit the cage (a great deal at $20 a liner). I will most likely use towels under the liners but the newspaper does not seem to smell unless you have your face right next to the paper. I am working on trying to attach cube walls to the ramp.

Where in the world did you get $20 a liner? Thats a great deal!

I emailed someone on etsy. They get their fleece on sale so they can sell it cheaper.

Awesome cage and really cute piggies! Just a thought about the closet, if you scoot the cage up against your bed and take the door off the closet you will be able to get into it hopefully.

I love ebay and etsy. I'll have to find someone that does it that cheap too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.