Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage New cage --any sugestions.?

jenn818

Cavy Slave
I have 5 young female guinea pigs. I have a small room "tv room" for their cage. I have been building all different cages to find the best for them and me ( cleaning wise). My newest set up is 2 by 10 and I am wondering if its too clutered any thoughts suggestions ?
[GuineaPigCages.com] New cage  --any sugestions.?

really...no comments?

It does look cluttered. Do they have enough room to run laps? Maybe remove some hideys, they can hide under the ramps.

As long as they are happy and not fighting, do what you think is right...personally, i change the positions of things every time i clean out my cage, to give them something different, then of course, they change it which ever way they want it by moving stuff around.

I find my herd re-arranges everything anyways. I put pigloos etc where I want, and go back in a few minutes later and they've moved their pigloos around. I don't have alot in their cage...I find it just gets too hard to clean. But they don't seem to complain, as long as they have a pigloo and somewhere to run. I do put carpet tubes in for them to run through, they seem to like playing with them and eating them. I like them because they're free, so when they get all chewed up, I just replace them.

Yes its very cluttered to me but I am a bit ocd. ;) I would take out all of it and start fresh. Five wow you are brave my two keep me busy. I would take out all the stuff under that loft and at the end of the cage. Extend the loft to a 2 x 3 with one big ramp. Then at the end of cage you could at take two grids zip tie them low enough they can hop up on them for a lounge area.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.