Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New C&C Cage :D

BaysideBandGeek

Cavy Slave
I've been trying to get a C&C cage since July, and I finally got one today! It cost only 38$ and it's over 2x5 feet! Within minutes of putting my boys in, they started popcorning and chortling like they use to (they stopped when they out-grew their cage. I don't that's going to happen again!) They're so much happier, which makes me happy! I just added a home-made hammock, and the silly things rather lay under in, rather than on it. The hammock does not hang, but touches the ground, and because it's so big, the material hangs over the pig while under it, like a hiding blanket. It's so cute!

I can hear my boys popcorning constantly now and giggling/chortling/wheeping.

I am so glad I built it. Here's a picture. Milo is under the tent (made from left over grid,) on the right, and Jazz is by the hay rack on the far left (red eyes.)

(broken link removed)

Aww, they're so cute! That cage is nice. Did you buy it or make it? How old are your pigs now?

i like the soda thing as a hidey house!

you should post it in the gallery. Its a great cage! Your pigs are adorable.

I bought the cage and had my parents help me build it. My pigs are about 6 months old :)

here's a better picture of Jazz and Milo

(broken link removed)

Oh they are so pretty! I love long haired pigs! I have 5. Mom wont let me get anymore:(

Milo (black) is a sheltie, and jazz (white) is a abyssinian/sheltie mix. He's got a mohawk and his hair falls oddly due to his "cow licks." I love my boys so much ^_^

My five are all silkies(shelties). They are so great.

How cool. What kind of litter are you using?

Bayside, you're back! I remember your other cage, that was pretty cool. I love this one as well and you've got an adorable pair of pigs

Yeah, even though we "upgraded" the other cage, it wasn't big enough for them once they grew up. Now I KNOW they can't out grow this one :p They're so happy! They go into these huge popcorn fits all the time now! It's so hilarious!

I can hear them right now XD

I use a combo for my litter. Mostly newspaper shavings and a pine litter (for smell) we buy in bulk from a feed store. We get the newspaper shavings for free from Mom's boss/school. Whoohoo! They like it too because when they popcorn, the shavings fly up and they seem to enjoy that.

Aww that sounds so cute. I can't wait untill I get my piggie's new cage setup.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Can I ask you, did your boys get along right from the beginning, or did it take some time? Because I have two boys and they don't get along well, but it may be because one is going through piggy puberty. I was thinking of trying the buddy bath methods. I was just curious if you did anything special.

Is it kiln-dried pine?

My boys are brothers, so I never had a problem with that. They do bicker though :p

I'm not sure. It's called Stampede. It's litter they use in horse stalls, that's why it comes in such big packaging. It only says Premium USA shavings and nothing else. It was about 5$

Oh, well maybe if you don't use that much itwould be okay but you are not supposed to use pine because of the strong smell that can cause an upper respitory infection.

Congrats! Please don't use pine, though--aspen is much better and is nearly as cheap. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.