Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C New C&C cage advise needed

ch377yb

Cavy Slave
I am currently awaiting the arrival of my new C&C cage its open top cage as we have no other animals apart from the teo Guinea Pigs, i'm just worried about them at night and if no one is home during the day of them getting out, as I am new to this C&C cage plan i am just worried. I know they arent climbers but one can get quite popcorn-y ott. Can they get out?

PiggyGrandma15

Cavy Slave
The 14 in high grids are more than sufficient to prevent popcorn-gate. ;) unless they are on top of something.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Sometimes guinea pigs are able to scale the walls. But usually only if they are really scared and trying to get away from you, or get to something.

This is rare, though. I wouldn't worry about it until it happens, unless your cage is really high. I've only had two that were able to scale the walls of a C&C Cage in all the years and hundreds of guinea pigs at my rescue.

kairi26

Cavy Slave
I'd keep any solid surfaced hides away from the edges and you should be fine. I almost had a disaster when I noticed that Cosmo had climbed on top of his wooden sleep house and only had a 4 inch climb to get over the grids. I took the house out entirely because I'm afraid of him getting to my other boy (they have a history of fighting).

Cosmo can jump vertically out of the bathtub and onto my chest, but he only does things like that under great stress, like bath time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.