Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds new baby making squeeking noises

kittymalone

Cavy Slave
I introduced my girls a few days ago and it went very well. They get along great and are bonding well. The new one is about 5 weeks old and has really come out of her shell. Alone, in quarantine she was shy and hiding and now she's social, running around, and popcorning. She's also been wheeking lol which she didn't do when she was by herself. Yesterday when I brought them dinner, she came running into the kitchen, wheeking and squeeking. I'm concerned with the squeek. She only does it when she's excited. She's eating, pooping, and peeing like normal. She doesn't seem sick and I checked her over this morning and, aside from needing a nail trim, she appears fine (not hurt or in pain). It's not a painful sounding squeek. I've never heard this noise before and am wondering if I should be concerned? She went to the vet earlier in the week and got a clean bill of health. Anybody have any ideas?

?

If she only does it when she is excited, then why would it be a problem?

I don't know if it IS a problem. I think I'm just used to squeeking noises (like from a dog for instance) equaling pain so when I heard her doing it I automatically thought it might be something bad. These are my first guinea pigs, so I don't really know what sounds are normal and what sounds aren't. That's why I'm asking if I should be concerned...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.