Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Additions to my family

ortal

Cavy Slave
Hi!

So we have some new additions. First there were Puppy and Spider pig.

Spider Pig
puppy2.jpg

Puppy
puppy.jpg

Now, introducing Kitty and Boo (aka mike Wazowsky aka boo-boo-kitty depending who is talking...). They are much more timid and hold-able then the big girls, however the big girls actually run away less now that the little girls are here.
Here are their cages, we need to quarantine the babies for a couple of weeks to make sure that they aren’t sick, then we will take down the center wall and have one long cage.
100_1254.jpg

Kitty is Marble, Boo is black.
puppyandkity.jpg

Here is the little pen we set up once or twice a day to let them run around. The babies cannot go in there yet because they can get out! I had to chase kitty down; thank God she didn’t get under a couch.

pen.jpg

masher

Cavy Slave
The new piggies are gorgeous, and I love the name.

But just to tell you, during the quarantine period(3 weeks) the new girls should be at least be kept in a seperate cage, but preferably in a different room. A divided cage isn't really suitable for this purpose.

ortal

Cavy Slave
The new piggies are gorgeous, and I love the name.

But just to tell you, during the quarantine period(3 weeks) the new girls should be at least be kept in a seperate cage, but preferably in a different room. A divided cage isn't really suitable for this purpose.

They are 2 separate cages, just close together (and staggered, so the 2 babys cant run through). However I can push them aside. The only other room I can put them in is my bedroom, but we HAVE to have the fan going at night. Will that be bad for them? It wont be pointing right at them, but the room is not huge. I am afraid of URIs, and it gets too hot to sleep without a fan. The living room is naturally cooler.

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Hahaha, how CUTE! Congrats on the new addition. I love their names, by the way. They made me laugh.

ortal

Cavy Slave
First we had Puppy, and I wanted them to be Puppy and Kitty, but my boyfriend chose Spider Pig.

My daughters been watching a lot of "monsters inc" lately, so I finally got my kitty, and she got her "boo" (she thinks the little girl in the movie is named Mike Wazowski, so she calls her GP that as well)... she is 3 by the way.

piggiesinpa

Cavy Slave
Spider pig, spider pig... hhaha. Good names! So gorgeous and congrats!

ortal

Cavy Slave
I am thinking of adding a neutered male (I found two at a shelter 3 hours away that I am in love with.) to the mix. How much bigger do you think the cage will need to be? After quarentine it will be 2x6.

Also, any advice on my prior question about the fan in my bedroom?

OliversMomma

Cavy Slave
the fan... well, i'd say use your judgement, but if it's too hot for you, it's likely too hot for your pigs. you could drape a towel or blanket on the side closest to the fan to prevent any serious drafts. the whole point of quarantine is that your old pigs aren't exposed to any infections the new pigs might carry. keeping them so close to eachother really doesn't do anything in the way of quarantine. I say risk the fan in exchange for ensuring that ALL your pigs don't get URIs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.