Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy New Addition to the herd today!

jowasaurus

Cavy Slave
So a Craigslist ad finally played out after I emailed about 15 people and shelters about guinea pigs these last 2 weeks. Cara still needs a roommate and I think I have found him. He'll supposedly be one year old in June, though he's a little bigger than a few of my already one year olds. His old name was Snickers [appropriate for his coloring] but I'm not a fan.

So far, options are Blink, Ferguson, Loa, Pryde, or Rictor.
[All names/ last names/ code-names of my favorite X-Men characters. Lame]
[GuineaPigCages.com] New Addition to the herd today!

Well this is him! He's not neutered yet and in "quarantine" in my dining room in the store bought cage the other parent was willing to part with. So maybe next week he'll be neutered so after quarantine/ sperm death is over, he can move in!!

OMG! I WANT him! He is so cute! Congrats!

Wow! He's very handsome! Peruvians, like abyssinians, seem to have their own special attitude
:)

Name ideas: Balki, Hugo, Le Fleur (Rhymes with "newer" - it means "the flower" in French)

He is gorgeous! I vote for Blink -- something about the idea of a Peruvian with long hair that could hide his eyes being named "Blink" that just works. His face is so beautiful. But if you find him magically teleporting out of quarantine into one of the other cages, don't blame me!:D

Thanks! I'm glad this worked out. I'm really having a difficult time deciing which name I like more. I guess I'll just have to wait it out, call him by each one a few times to feel it out. haha

[PS. Tyke is STILL listed up on Petfinder and it's upsetting me a little bit. Personally, I see a picture of a pig and get attached and start thinking of how cute everyone will be together, etc and names and what not. And he's still up there. I wonder how many people have asked about him! That's just crazy to me.]

But if you find him magically teleporting out of quarantine into one of the other cages, don't blame me!:D

I'm not sure if you had to Google who Blink was, but if you DIDN'T, you're on my list of Top 10 Favorite Forum Members as of now. Thank you! =D

Congrats on the new piggy, @jowasaurus He's a cutie!

Sounds like the rescue is either over their heads busy or too lazy to update PetFinder. At least he had an individual listing, though. A rescue near me just glops them all together and offers no information on any of them. I hate that!

Yaaay!! I'm in a Top 10!lol To talk to my brother, I have to know basic X-Men, starting with "How Uncanny X-Men is Different."

To talk to my old roommate, it was Sandman. (Yes, that just revealed how old I am).

But mostly the language in our house is Oblivion and Skyrim. And figuring out how to make a cavy potion.:crazy:

Woah he is beautiful! I like Blink as well!! Just fits him :D

@Wildcavy, you're making my day! lol X-men, Skyrim, geez!

I really like Blink. I wasn't sure if that sounded okay which is why I also came up with Ferguson. [Clarice Ferguson, aka: Blink]

Shadowcat is my favorite X-men of ALL time, Kitty Pryde.

Loa has similar abilities to Shadowcat, but matter is destroyed when she phases through them.
I believe it's pronounced [low-uh] because she is from Hawaii but may be like "now" with an [L].

And Rictor has seismic control and is connected to Earth itself. He had the first man-on-man kissing scene in a Marvel comic EVER with Shatterstar. And is hunky.

And @Crystalkate, I have been trying to put bows in Cara's hair like you did with Carilee but it just won't work. I can't pull the rubber band around a second time without yanking on her hair. How did you do it?!

Aww, congrats! I vote Rictor or Blink. :)

He CAN Teleport! Or phase through the top of the igloo. Or create a small seismic quake to propel himself up there!

I've heard of guinea pigs jumping up onto their igloos but I never really believed anyone who said theirs did. I walked into the dining room and turned on the light and there he was! He just stared at me as I slowly opened the side and twisted my phone/camera-weilding hand into the cage. Glorious. This just made me so happy for no reason!

He is beautiful..
I want to pignap him lol.
I have been wanting a long haired guinea pig for so long.

I hope he looks good next to Cara! Her hair has gotten another inch longer since bringing her home a few weeks ago!
This guy definitely needs a bath and possibly a hair cut, but I'm a little nervous to do the trimming! Anyone have tips to make it easier or where I could take him? I have some friends from Petco that would probably groom him if I asked, LOL, but I don't know.

I've heard of guinea pigs jumping up onto their igloos but I never really believed anyone who said theirs did.

Better watch out -- my Jumble builds stuff with her pigloos, huts, etc. so we had to take them all out and replace them with fleece cozies! Sounds like Blur (your pig, Blink Loa Rictor, BLR, or Blur) has similar superpowers.

Blur (your pig, Blink Loa Rictor, BLR, or Blur) has similar superpowers.
Haha! No matter what I decide to name him, his nickname will by Blurp! [I need to make sure to get Kitty's name in there! I'd feel like I left my favorite out if I didn't]

The woman that brought him said this is the igloo he's had for the last 7 months and it doesn't have any chew marks up in the top block cut-outs! All the other boys reach up there and chew the crap out of them. Bocefus chews, twists, flips, then popcorns.
Do you think he'd be able to reach the top of a double? I have one that I wanted to try once he and Cara get together. If he likes it so much, maybe I could make a half platform and build up the wall/ put a ldd on to be sure he can't jump over/ out?

And I feel like I should make a blog just to describe how I picked everyone's name and where it's from just to show how much a weird I really am. haha

Do you think he'd be able to reach the top of a double? I have one that I wanted to try once he and Cara get together. If he likes it so much, maybe I could make a half platform and build up the wall/ put a ldd on to be sure he can't jump over/ out?

I don't know for sure what would work -- we have 3 pigs who don't have any desire to scale anything, and then Jumble who is off the charts. She'll do anything. She dragged this timothy cave from one end of her C&C to the other end, which at the time adjoined Triton's, before we realized what she could do. This was last summer and her set-up is completely different now. (And yes, she ended up using it to jump over the divider.)

Attachments

Jumble plots 2.jpg
There's a thread on the forum to describe how you named your pets. :)

:D @Wildcavy Crazy cavy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.