Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need some advice

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Ok. Well right now I have my 2x5 divided up so one section is a 2x3 and the other is a 2x2. Well the 2x3 seciton has two piggies and the other my other girl. Well it has been awhile since they have mad the mite medication sense I have alreayd given them their doses and everything. I'm debating whether to try to put them all together again. I had thought the one in the 2x2 was a biter but...not sure if that's the case. So I'm asking what should I do. Should I try putting them all together or what. I'm cleaning cages thursday so a reply throughout the next day or two would be helpful. Thanks.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
How long has it been since she's had mites?

WICharlie

Cavy Slave
Were all three treated for mites (at least three treatments 7 days apart)? If you did not, you will have to start over and do it. The pig with mites should have been quarantined in a separate room from your other pigs. If only the new one was treated but you have had them in that cage situation, then the other two will have the mites too and will have given them back to the new pig.

If all have been treated for the required treatments, then there is no reason you should not try them together. Make sure you introduce them in a neutral area and clean the cage and move everything around so it looks like a new cage to all of them.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry they all had mites and I gave them all treatments. Ok, on thursday I will make sure to try it again. Thanks.