Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting need some advice/help

• Thread starter moetheguineapig
  • Start date

moetheguineapig

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!ok i wanted to hearwhat you guys thought about this, my friends guinea pig just had bay guinea pigs(adorable), and im looking for a friend for moe, she is going to eventually when alittle more older give them to a shelter. would it be bad if i took one since im going to be rescuing it from going to then shelter or do u think i should get one at a rescue?

Mori106

Cavy Slave
In my opinion it sounds like you would be "rescuing" a little pig from this unintentional litter. I don't think it would be a bad thing. Hopefully your friend has taken the steps to prevent further litters from happening.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
An unwanted pregnancy is one thing. We consider that a rescue because the people obviously were not careful/knowledgable or it was a pet store animal and the pet store/breeder mills do not care if their "merchandise" is pregs.

If you were to get a guinea pig from someone who INTENTIONALLY put a male and female together to have babies (weather they wanted one to keep themselves, they are going to sell them, or they thought their guinea pigs "wanted to have babies or would enjoy having that experience") <rolls eyes> That would be considered supporting breeding.

moetheguineapig

Cavy Slave
i do not think breeding is a good thing or would try to provoke it. it was suppose to be two contained male and female and when getting veggies i think they left a piggie door open and well.everyone knows what happened and then babies!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Yeah thats not an intentional breeding its accidental. But yeah its VERY important to keep unaltered guinea pigs completely secured all the time...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.