Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Need Names

Shelley2007

Cavy Slave
I just adopted two more guinea pigs (which makes six total) and I need help naming them. They are both females.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Need Names

Cute girls. Are they going to live with your female Snowball? Did they come in that horrid cage? I would throw out that tunnel right away--it looks like one of those chewable ones that aren't good for pigs.

If you are going to keep them with Snowball, maybe find some other "weather" type names, like Windy or Sunny. Or Rain.

Yes, they came with that cage. When we got home I put them in my 16 square foot cage and threw out the log. I hope they will live with Snowball & my other female, Coco.

Too cute! I like the weather theme @froggycreekcavy suggested. Blizzard come to mind for the one cloest in the picture and stormy for the other cutie.

There's a lot of cute guinea pig names here. :)

you could wait and see what sort of personalities your guinea pigs turn out to have.

I agree with waiting to see what their personalities are like.
Personally, I love to name animals ridiculous and quirky names, or super serious names. I can't think of any good ones at the moment though!

What breeds are they? Is the one an abyssinian. I have an abyssinian and she is very cheeky and mischievous, very brave but she doesent like to be picked up.

One is an "Abyssinian" and the other is a an "American". Personality wise, I haven't been able to hold them very long to see. The last 3 piggies I adopted were neglected, left in a small cage and only taken out when the cage was cleaned. I have finally got Coco to sit with me, but the other two are a work in progress. I am giving them some time to settle in before I start to handle them regularly.

They are very cute. I asked my friend for suggestions to possibly help name your girls. I checked your other pigs names to see if you are going with a theme and it seems that you kind of are. It's funny you other two girls Snowball and Coco are names my friend's family have used in the past with their cats. She didn't really have any ideas except for more of her previous cat's names. If you haven't already chosen names I'll get a list of those cat's names and put them here too.

They don't have names yet. I was thinking maybe going with a winter theme. Snowball is a winter name & when I think of winter I think of Coco.

And for anyone else my boy's names (who don't play with my girls right now because their not fixed) are Alfalfa & Buckwheat. My Little Rascals.

Thanks

i have 1 abyssinian and 4 shorthaired piggies. Ive had mine for awhile and all my shorthaired pigs still seem shy. But like i said earlier my aby is very cheeky. I think all guinea pigs become braver in there own time.

My short haired snowball is braver than any other piggie I have. Currently I have 2 abby's & 4 short hair.

I am just giving my new girls time to get settled in, since they were not handled much, they don't know what's going on when someone pick's them up. Eventually they will come out of their "shell"...lol (I keep turtles too!).

My husband swears I have stared a guinea pig rescue since I have adopted 3 in about 2 weeks time. And keep finding more to rescue.

Hopefully your pigs will realise that your not going to hurt them, my pigs are still like that accept for my aby breed. she is friendly and loud but hates to be touched on her back or head, the only way i can stroke her really is stroking the crest on the very top of the head.:)

Names: Timber, Snowfall, Icicle, Candy Cane, Cookies, Pine

Good names, Fizzle. We went through cookie names once--Snickerdoodle, Peanut Butter, Sugar Cookie, Chocolate Chip.

We got in several pregnant females one December and named them Natalie, Christina (for Christmas), Noel, Holly, Merry, and Joy.

How about Sugar & Cookie? I always think of winter or Christmas when I think of sugar cookies.

Merry & Holly?
CandyCane & Mistletoe?
Eggnog & Fruitcake?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.