Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Need ideas for what sewing machine to get!! PLEASE HELP!!

KristenMatejka

Cavy Slave
I am going to be getting a sewing machine for my birthday to start sewing "piggy bedspreads", cozies, and tunnels for my babies! Anyone that uses their machine ALOT and it works great on fleece PLEASE let me know! I am at a loss of which one to get and I cannot get one that it Too super expensive! Any information would be greatly appreciated!

cant wait to see what kind of results you get I have been wanting to do this

Lol, same here. I have been anxiously checking every few minutes!! Just took a break to eat dinner :D

Thank you! I was looking for something that could handle two layers of fleece and more! As soon as I get it I think I am going to be going CRAZY sewing up tons of stuff for my piggies! How long have you had yours?

I got a Singer Promise,I think it was under $100. We got it from target and it preforms well, the only time it has been difficult was user error. I use it to make tote bags and it will sew through 2 or 3 layers of batting with 2 layers cotton cloth. I have had it for a year and I love it.

This machine would be perfect because I cannot spend more than $200 on a machine.

This is what I use.. I love it [GuineaPigCages.com] Need ideas for what sewing machine to get!! PLEASE HELP!!

@peeweesteph: What kind is that exactly ? And how much was it ? Does it do well with multiple layers of fleece?

@peeweesteph: What kind is that exactly ? And how much was it ? Does it do well with multiple layers of fleece?

I sew layers of fleece and uhaul pads and it does wonderful! Not sure exactly how much it was.. I think $400 or less on sale.. Remember you get what you pay for! [GuineaPigCages.com] Need ideas for what sewing machine to get!! PLEASE HELP!! this is the upper model.. There are a few under it that are cheaper.. It is VERY user friendly :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.