Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Need help finding/introducing new pig.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, I know I haven't posted in a long time, just as I've been too busy. But, as of yesterday my older pig(Jake, he was 4 or five) has passed. Though I'm devastated, I know I have too look out for Charles(his friend, who is about 1 1/2 or 2) and find him a new friend.

Im not sure how long I should wait before trying to introduce a new pig. Charles doesn't seem to be mourning, or really upset at all. He is in perfect health(according to a vet visit, I was a bit neurotic the reason jake died was from an undetected illness) and is quite active as he's still young.

Im also wondering how I should introduce the two, I haven't introduced any piggies in a while(my boys were happily together for almost 3 years) so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

And(lastly), if anyone knows of any male pigs up for adoption in eastern Ontario(near ottawa, preferably in a rescue/shelter)?

Thanks!

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find another pig for a companion. Perhaps some of our Canadian friends will have some advice on rescues near you ! I wish you were closer to Vermont. Our rescue is full with 24 guinea pigs of all ages, and dozens or rabbits from a rabbit hoarding situation !

I did a petfinder search and came up with several in Ontario shelters. Go there and put in your zip. I do not know if Kingston is near you or not? Do check out the introductions threads for refreshers.... letting them meet on neutral ground, etc. Good luck and I am glad to see you posting, despite the sad reason for your return to the forum. Hope we can follow the progress of your search for a new pal for Charles!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.