Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sexing Need help confirming gender

fuzzywuzzy

Cavy Slave
Hi, can you guys please confirm the gender of my young piggie. I've tried applying pressure just above the pelvis area but nothing is coming out, so I presume it's a female? The previous owner said it was a girl but I just want to confirm it. Thanks.

Attachments

IMG_0722[1].jpg
anyone know?

Why is it that the penis does not extrude when I apply pressure to the area above the pelvis?

Im no expert on this but maybe its because hes so young? it does look like a male to me too though.

See Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig. You should be able to feel the ridge of a penis if you rub your finger across his abdoment just above his genitalia. No ridge, no penis.

The penis can be hard to extrude when they're very young. How old is your piggie?

I think he/she is a few weeks old

If it's a few weeks old, you should be able to confirm the gender.

But in this case, I think the penis doesn't extrude because there isn't one there. Did you read the CavySpirit article? Your picture looks just like the pictures of the females.

Okay that's great. My older female piggie also has this small bulb which looks like the 'penis' in this photo.

Looks like female to me as well.

She's grown a fair bit, and it's now confirmed that she's a female. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.