Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Need help being a vegetarian....

Try to season the vegetarian beans/tofu/tempeh the same way you season the meat.
:)

Omg @Wildcavy, you're recipes sound absolutely delicious!! If there's anything I miss from my non-veggie days it's chicken parmesan. Definitely going to try out your recipes!

I've been a vegetarian for 4-5 years now and I can honestly say I'm so happy I made the transition. I quit cold turkey the same day back in grade 10 when a boy came up to me and handed me a pamphlet about the meat industry and factory farming after he noticed I was checking out a pro-vegetarian poster he had hung in the school hallway. I never really got those meat cravings, in fact, the smell of cooked beef and pork now makes me feel ill. I'm going to try and go vegan once I finish university, 3 more years! I'm also lactose intolerant so I try to stay away from dairy as best as I can. If it weren't for cheese, chocolate, and frozen yogurt/ice cream, I'd be vegan for sure.
Check out soy milk, it's great. The soy milk brand Silk comes in many flavours such as original/natural, vanilla, chocolate (which is scrumptious!), as well as almond original and almond chocolate, and much more! I enjoy the Original Silk Light as it only contains 70 calories :D Silk has also come out with fruit soy smoothies but I have yet to come across those in my grocery stores.

I recommend you try and kick the sea food as well. I never liked fish so it wasn't a problem for me, but you'll honestly feel better if you do. After all, fish have feelings too. Make sure you get the protein you're missing from meat. Beans, tofu, soy, broccoli, and an assortment of different vegetables are high in protein and iron which you're body will need. Also, meat nowadays is full of terrible chemicals that aren't good for your body. Cows are given steroids in their food so that they can grow bigger than normal size to ensure the meat industry has more product to sell. And trust me, you do not want to know why ground beef/hamburger patties are red. Gross!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.