Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Popcorning Neck stretching maneuver

Suzq5542

Cavy Slave
So when Lenny popcorns, right after he does it he does this neck stretch maneuver. He stretches his neck way out and puts his head up. Is this normal? Is that part of the popcorning? Also a few times he had managed to flip over on to his back while popcorning...is that normal too? I was worried at first that he had hurt himself. Thanks in advance.

My pups would popcorn so much that they nearly did complete flips. As for the neck streching manuever it sonds more like he is sniffing or searching for something.

But he does it every time he popcorns..and never when he doesn't popcorn. Hmmm....?

My Pepper popcorns so crazy sometimes when hes really REALLY excited. He really almost looks like he's seizing and will flip himself onto his side or back, but always gets right back up.

I think it just happens because hes so excited he cant control himself!

I know my girls stretch their neck out to raise their noses to show dominance over each other. Like a game saying who can get their noise higher in the air.

Also if I'm sitting on the couch (beside the cage) or my lazy boy (on the other side of the living room) eating grapes, Rhino does it when she gets a whiff of them.

I can't really say, because my guinea pigs have NEVER popcorned!!! It sounds okay, though. I'd just keep a close eye on him.

I just found out that he is marking his territory.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.