Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Naughty Gingey

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
My guineapig Gingey is massive! i took her vets and the vet said shes not fat, she runs about perfectly fine very fast, but constantly eats so greedy, like she acts as if she never been fed!! and everytime i hold her shes sniffing for food and biting me until i give her lettuce, i cant calm her down!! any ideas?:eye-poppi:heart:

My pigs are always telling me that they are starving, even if I have just given them their veg, and they always have fresh hay. I try to sneak into the refrigerator but they can hear everything and start wheeking.

One of our sows, Oink, really likes to eat, even for a pig. She'll steal another pig's food -- she thinks her food is her food and their food is her food.

I wouldn't feed her anything when she bites you. She may see this as a reward for biting you. I'm not saying that she is being mean, because pigs aren't mean. But instead that if most of the time you give her a treat after she bites you, she's going to think that bite = treat.

Our hyper pig, Jumble, doesn't like to have lap time for more than 5-10 minutes and she used to bite to let us know that she wanted to get down. We started really reading her body language and behavior and respect that she wants to get down. Now she just gives us a lick and we know she wants to get down.

Just my experience -- hope it may help a little.

Well, she is constantly wriggling and it hurts!! i dont want to stress her but i miss lap time, she just seems very edgy and hungry!! thanks for your reply

I may have missed something with her background -- did she used to like laptime but that has changed?

yes, i bought her from a pet store with her sister but her sister died, but when she was alive she and gingey loved laptime, she was always edgy and jumpy but i just thought oh thats gingey!!! but i got her a new friend, and they run together and cuddle but when i pick her up shes so big and heavey and scuttery!!

oh iv had this arguement with the vet but hes convinced shes not pregnant and i treated them both for mites when i got them just to be sure, i think she just has a mischevious personality but is there anything i can do to settle her??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.