Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Naming help requested for dog!

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Thanks! He had a big day today - it was his first clicker training class. I've attended ones before but have never started from scratch with a dog with one, and he took to it even better than I anticipated he would. It is no problem that he's still hesitant to look me in the face - it just gives him more opportunity to look at what it is that I'm wanting him to focus on. I got him to figure out already that I was asking him to push a box across the floor with his nose today. Good job Banjo! To my surprise he's actually able to work better in my training center than he is in my house - it's as if he thinks of me as a queen or something in what is obvious to him is "my" home, and I'm more accessible to him somehow when I am more familiar to him than the rest of his surroundings are. I find animal behavior fascinating and wish I had pursued a career in it somehow.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
I read this too late to make your suggestion list but when I saw his picture I thought of "Major". Very respectable and phonetically distinctive, i.e. recognizable for dogs, who can't distinguish as many speech sounds as humans. (and confidence-boosting, if people treat him like the name suggests!)
I see the poor dog was a stray. He probably can't look people in the face because he was mistreated--getting things thrown at him when he tried to come up to people, probably. Poor dog. I am not even a dog person but this dog is a beautiful one that somehow tugs at my heart, and I hope he finds a forever home soon.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
He's absolutely adorable! I'm not that great with names... The almighty Google might help you though. :p
Carson seems like it would fit him, but then you might have to call him Car for short, and that would be awkward sounding!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Hi JB&Me, that's a good suggestion but I think she's already decided on the name Bingo.

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Close - Banjo! (And yes, it was a good suggestion!)

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Haha! Yes, Banjo it is! I guess singing the BINGO song to B-A-N-J-O was stuck in my head so I was thinking "Bingo" LOL.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.