Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My worst night mare happened and we survived.

cyndyt

Cavy Slave
I am a person with some medical issues.

Since having allot guinea pigs, about a year, I have worried about what would happen if I was hospitalized.
I have been having issues again recently.

On April 12 I was taken to the hospital by ambulance, I expected to be there maybe over night but it turned into a 8 day stay.

I worried a great deal about whether my 14 year old would remember everything I did with the piggys, My 22 year old stayed here with my yougest daughter, I had recently decided to started putting on paper how to eat them and take care of them but hadn't gotten it all done when I was hosptialized.

I came home this week to find fat happy piggys. The girls remembered all the veggies, pellets and watering. They even changed the cages. Although the cages are not done exactly as I would have done it they are none the less done.

I am so happy

So glad yo are back home and to happy pigs!!!! You must be so proud of your children!!! That is sheer love!!!

Ditto @Marybonus. lol I love this wording error (in bold):

I had recently decided to started putting on paper how to eat them and take care of them

hahaha Yea I had to reread three times. I am also very happy you are home and ok!!!

Glad your girls were so thoughtful. I'd get that list done ASAP. Remember to include emergency numbers in case of a guinea pig emergency.

You might also want to discuss this with your girls. Are they willing to take care of the piggies while your in the hospital in the future? If they're reliable and they say they will, I wouldn't worry about it for now. Just make sure the list is done as soon as humanly possible and try not to worry too much. I know from personal experience stress can do strange things to us physically- which you really don't need right now. :)

I'm so glad this worked out for you. I worry about the same thing. People just think I'm being fussy about my pets, and don't understand how important proper care is. Take pictures of their salad and pellet bowl to put with your instructions so they feed the proper amount, and maybe make a video when you change the fleece or bedding out. That way the kids have something to refer to if you have to be hospitalized again. Visuals always help, and I'm sure you've worked out the easiest way to do the cage. This way they don't have to struggle.

I'm so happy for you that it completely worked out!!! Like my doctor says a fatty piggy is better then a skinny piggy! ^_^ I hope the best for you and your health. Take care.

That is good new's that your baby's took care of your baby's relly good... I hope you are fealing better soon...

@Petlovr No, you don't worry too much. Next time someone says that, ask how they'd like to go without food for who knows how many days.

Always good to have an emergency back up plan, someone who can watch your piggies for you at a moment's notice. This thread is probably an important reminder of the fact that any thing can happen to any one of us at any time and to make sure that another party is available to watch your pets in case of an emergency.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.