Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My two new pigs

B

Brekelefuw

My two new pigs

I just got two pigs. both should be female, i asked the attendant to check and i also checked as they di it to be sure (by using the guide on one of the cavy sites)

they have been home for two days. the first day and a half was ok. they got along and cuddled sometimes. but now they get into tiffs. they will both want to eat from the same part of the hay pile or they both want the same carrot, and they end up rising their heads and doing little head butts or a quick nip (although i have only seen the nip once.)

is this normal for pigs who are adjusting to a new home? or should i separate them.

Pig Tiffs

My suggestion is to give them time, if they are not fighting to bad. My to male pigs seem to have at least two or three squabbles a day ,they do the teeth chattering and rummbleing around the cage, but when I separate them they start squeeking and keep looking for the other one. I also watched to see if it was one being more dominant,:eek: 8o but they both do it to each other. (pulling the food out of each other mouth, kick the other one out of the bed they are in). I did invest in a bigger cage and have noticed that helped.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.