Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior my two guinea pigs!

fay86

Cavy Slave
can someone help me. i have 2 female guinea pigs which are lovely. one of them is so relaxed at all times and loves being stroked and the other ones is more lively but also loves being stroked but the last two days the lively one is acting strange, when i go to stroke her she kicks her legs out and kick me and jumps, i only gently touch and she kicks. can someone give me some advice as to what it could be please?????????????

Maybe she doesn't want to be pet at that particular time, or has a spot on her body she doesn't like being touched?

Two of my pigs hate being touched on their lower back, for instance.

There are a number of things it could be. Does she show any symptoms of mites? Extra itching? Loss of hair? What about a fungal infections? Any dandruff or loss of hair? Is she eating well, and drinking? If other then that she's fine, she may just have sensitive skin. My piggy Harmony has super sensitive skin on her stomach, and it's very hard to pick her up. Other then that she's perfectly healthy and loves to be held once I managed to get her.

thank you that site helped but she normally likes being stroked anywhere on her back and she is showing no signs of mites. she is itching alot though but her skinn looks fine?

hi thanks for your advice. she is eating and drinking as normal and she runs round everywhere playing like she always has done. she is itching quite alot but her skin is clear. one minute she'll let you stroke her and the next she kicks like mad when being touched. i'm confused???

I think it's hormones-PPMS-piggie pre menstrual syndrome

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.