Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat my sweet silly and friends performing tricks

prettynyguen

Cavy Slave
i just wanted to share a video of my silly performing 15 tricks, and my other three, jellybean, rainbow, and flower, performing three more. i've had so much fun playing and learning with them over the last few months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_zGLWX6Pg

Last edited:

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
Thats awesome!! Did you make the obsticles yourself? Thats what I'm trying to do that at the moment. Have you seen this awesome training website?

http://www.guineapigagility.com/
I really want to make the A-Frame! So far I have weaving poles, and a tunnel and some jumps which were poorly made and keep falling over:(

Bodhi

Cavy Slave
Thanks for sharing that video. You should share it on social media.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Those are some talented piggies! Good job training them! I've only managed to train mind to stand up to get veggies, but I'd like to try to teach them some more tricks.

prettynyguen

Cavy Slave
thanks guys. :) i'm very proud of my little guinea pigs.

prettynyguen

Cavy Slave
hi animalmadlover

thankyou, i love the website you suggested. that's actually where i got a lot of my ideas (i'm making a big agility course). i made the obstacles myself, as well as most of the props. the bowling pins i ordered off ebay, because they were so cute.

i found it was best to glue the jumps down to inexpensive canvas boards from the dollar store, so they stay in place. the ramps can be made using doweling and extra-large popsicle sticks. i also put craft foam on top, because the popsicle sticks are too slippery for their little toes.

good luck and have fun:)

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
Awesome!!! Thanks so much, you have some good ideas, I will have to put on my thinking cap and be creative. I would love to have a special training area because at the moment it takes me ages to set up the playpen and all the stuff, which kind of puts me off a bit. If I had a permanent place for my playpen then it would not take so long:)

Rywen

Cavy Slave
That looks so fun, great job!

prettynyguen

Cavy Slave
Awesome!!! Thanks so much, you have some good ideas, I will have to put on my thinking cap and be creative. I would love to have a special training area because at the moment it takes me ages to set up the playpen and all the stuff, which kind of puts me off a bit. If I had a permanent place for my playpen then it would not take so long:)

i just picked up a four foot long plastic folding table from walmart, and covered it with a cloth. just be sure to put barriers around the edges if you use a table, so they can't scoot off the edges. it's also great because you can pull the fabric off and use it as a workstation when you want to create.:)

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
i just picked up a four foot long plastic folding table from walmart, and covered it with a cloth. just be sure to put barriers around the edges if you use a table, so they can't scoot off the edges. it's also great because you can pull the fabric off and use it as a workstation when you want to create.:)
You do have a great little set up. I just wish that I had the room (in my parents house).