Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

"My son wants another color." - Trading Pigs

skittyginny

Cavy Slave
So I went on Craigslist to look around for a female pig in Saint Louis and I found this:

(broken link removed)

It's like a nine year old with Pokemon cards. >(

how sad! why not just adopt another one instead of taking the pigge out of it's home where it's comfortable, and sticking him with some stranger, just because of it's color!! that's some people for u!

Can't say I'm surprised...some people still can't get over the idea of fellow people with different colors, let alone guinea pigs! lol

In the wise words of Metallica...sad but true.

Oh my...! :mad:

That's the time to teach your child that they're dealing with a living creature, not a blanket or Frisbee!

This make me sick. Its awful that parents are teaching these kids that pets are toys

Ugh. I guess if a kid gets to trade his pig because the color is "wrong," then I should not be surprised that a parent would want Grace to be destroyed because their kid dropped her and she lost an eye.

People wonder why some populations are growing up to be shallow, self-interested, and spoiled. Should cut this ad out and make them the poster children for why. No creature should be allowed in that home.:mad:

Thats horrible! My kids love my pigs and every one I show them a picture of they just AWWWW all over it, don't matter what the color or breed is if its a piggie they want it. All of them say they can't wait till they grow up then they can have pigs too (everyone knows these are moms piggies) lol yet they get tons of lap time with everyone in the house and pets. :p

It's not surprising at all that a child would say that, but it's disgusting that the parents are actually allowing him to just pick a new one! I can't imagine my parents or any of the parents I've ever met allowing that kind of thing, not even the ones who don't like animals. I know that a lot of parents give up their children's pets once they get tired of them, but they don't usually turn around and get the exact same animal five seconds later... do they? The ad said that the piggy is white. I guess he's too "boring" and they want something fancier. Poor piggy.

That is awful! I can't ever imagine giving up a piggie because of their color! My first guinea pig was long haired and white and everyone told me she was ugly, but she was the prettiest thing I ever saw. This parent needs to learn a word, it is called....No!

I dunno, most 9 year olds take better care of their pokemon cards than that.... What a shame. =[

It breaks my heart to see piggies in the shelter that are there because their owners are allergic, can't take care of them anymore because of living situations, etc, etc, but I can't even fathom how horrible it is that some child's adult (we are assuming that the kids parents are actually NOT teenagers, yes?) parents would be ok with just tossing a piggie because their child is a spoiled brat with no concept of the value of life.

How could someone do that to the poor piggie, they don't deserve him >(

My question is, is there really another equally shallow and cold person out in the world who will actually do the trade? (That's rhetorical...sadly, I'm sure there is.)

*Shakes head at bad parenting*
That poor little piggie!

I dunno, most 9 year olds take better care of their pokemon cards than that.... What a shame. =[

It breaks my heart to see piggies in the shelter that are there because their owners are allergic, can't take care of them anymore because of living situations, etc, etc, but I can't even fathom how horrible it is that some child's adult (we are assuming that the kids parents are actually NOT teenagers, yes?) parents would be ok with just tossing a piggie because their child is a spoiled brat with no concept of the value of life.

True, I put my Pokemon cards in card protectors when I was eight..

I wonder if they'd trade their kid. "She has green eyes and I want a kid with blue eyes."

First thought is that they must have reptiles.

True fact, most of the reptile community trade each other for different "morphs" or breeds. Its a huge pet peeve of mine. My own mother plans to do it with her ball pythons. I have made my stand on it VERY clear that I do not support or condone that.

Second thought, well not so much of a thought than an action. *face palm*

Wow. I thought my 8-year-old sister was spoiled, but she'd be happy with ANY piggie of ANY color, and she understands that pets are living things, not toys. I thought that if she could understand that, so could other people her age. Now I really appreciate how much good parenting we get from our Mom and Dad, who taught us the value of living things at an early age. That poor piggie! It's not likely that he'll go to a better home, he'll go to the home of "an equally shallow and cold person" like @mufasa said.:(

That is just sick! living, breathing creatures aren't like ipods! You can't just buy a new one if a better color comes out! And any person in their right mind would never trade that woman their own piggy on premises like this! They would know that this probably isn't a good home for him/her. What are people teaching their kids these days? And why are they making more spoiled little brats? :mad:

Horrible. If i want an animal that looks a certain way (example i would die to have an orange tabby one day) i would nevertrade one. I would just adopt another one. My 8yr old brother understands this to. When i brought home Bear from the pet store he was abandoned at he looked at me and said "why didnt they want him anymore sissy? He's such a nice, pretty guinea pig". Some people.

That is truly sad! I wish people would be better with animals

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.