Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression My smallest male is limping after days of being picked on

• Thread starter NB3 little pigs
  • Start date

NB3 little pigs

Cavy Slave
George and Charlie have been in the same house but separate cages for about 4 years. We put them together 3 months ago. It only two a couple days for them to get along and stop peeing on each other. About 6 weeks in, we adopted another male Skidder approx 1 year old. Skidder does his own thing most of the time and is very docile. The three have been co-habitating and interacting with each other without much incident until the last few days.

Charlie has been mounting George non-stop and to the point that George was making a pain-type squeal and began limping. I've put up a fence to keep Charlie separated. I'm on the fourth day but everytime I put them back together, George gets hurt. Charlie has made attempts on Skidder but I wonder if their sizes are a factor. I don't know if the behavior is related or not but George and Charlie lick each other's ears too. Sometimes in the midst of a fight.
Last week's weigh in:
George 750 grams
Charlie 1000 grams
Skidder 1200 grams

I wasn't too worried until George started getting hurt :sorry:. He's been limping for two days now. I checked him over and nothing is visible and he didn't squeal when I felt all around his legs. Any thoughts?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.