Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C My Skinny Pig Room, Full Of C&C Cages That Are All Connected.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
I haven't been on the site for sometime, I'd like to show my current cage setups!
I have 5 boar skinny pigs. Calvin and Hobbes live in a 3by5 cage, Barnaby lives in a now 3by3 cage (I extended his cage one grid, not shown in photo), Ernie lives in a 2by4 and Grover lives in a 2by4. All are connected and seperated with either plexiglass or grids.

I lost Rugby last October during his stone removal surgery. It was very tragic and horribly upsetting. Barnaby in March was diagnosed with a stone as well but luckily made it through surgery. After he recovered and was able to go back with his buddy Ernie, Ernie wanted nothing to do with him and I could not for the life of me pair them back up. That is why I have 3 lone pigs and only one pair. Grover has never been paired up, he attacks all the boys and has caused injuries (Calvin once had to get stitches).

I recently changed hay racks, as you will see in the last picture. To be safer and hopefully cleaner, they are now set up different. I have zip tied them at the top and bottom so they can't move.

Any questions? :) Thanks for looking.

IMG 5415 IMG 5411 IMG 5413 IMG 5503

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Love the hay rack idea!! I think I may have to try the 2 grid rack! :)

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Welcome back! I just adore your boys, as a matter of fact I think they were the first skinnys I saw when I joined! Your setup is awesome! I am so sorry about Rugby.

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
What a great cage! There huge, I have a question, do they actually use those grid ledge things or is it just for decoration? Nice cages though : )

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
5 skinny pig boars! I have been looking for a skinny pig boar for almost 2 years. I have found a ton of females but no males. You're lucky!

I'm sorry about your loss. The cages do look awesome though. A whole skinny room! Lucky little piggies. =D

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
What a great cage! There huge, I have a question, do they actually use those grid ledge things or is it just for decoration? Nice cages though : )

Yes!!! They are only 4 squares up, perfect height so that they can fit under comfortably and can hop up super easy. I put a bit of hay up there and the boys like to hop up, eat or sleep :)

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
5 skinny pig boars! I have been looking for a skinny pig boar for almost 2 years. I have found a ton of females but no males. You're lucky!

I'm sorry about your loss. The cages do look awesome though. A whole skinny room! Lucky little piggies. =D

There are more males than females being rehomed around my area. I have hardly seen any females to be honest.

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Yes!!! They are only 4 squares up, perfect height so that they can fit under comfortably and can hop up super easy. I put a bit of hay up there and the boys like to hop up, eat or sleep :)

That is very cute! I had no idea that GPigs could jump, haha :)

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
That is very cute! I had no idea that GPigs could jump, haha :)

At first they were cautious about it, hardly making it up because they hesitated but now they just fly right up and down because they are used to it :)

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
Awww, so adorable! Are skinny pigs any different care-wise? Are they harder or require different care than furry piggies?

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
Awww, so adorable! Are skinny pigs any different care-wise? Are they harder or require different care than furry piggies?

The main things I notice are I have to keep the room warmer (74 degrees), their nails need to be filed after trimmings or they can scratch themselves and their skin really needs attention. I use coconut oil to wipe them down once a month, gets rid of any oily skin build up and I use Calendula lotion from Gorgeous Guineas to moisturize their skin. I usually only need to moisturize in the winter when the heat is always kicking on, dries out the air and their skin.
Otherwise, I would say they are the same. Their skin does take some work, it took me awhile to get into a set pattern of how to keep it looking 100% lovely all the time.

Agrimony

Cavy Slave
Awesome set up! your boys are so cool! I want a skinny so bad!

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
I'd love a skinny pig :3 They look like little hippo's!