Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fighting My Rescued Piggy Lila And Her New Owner's Piggy

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Well, after we got Lila to her new owner, we were very happy.

About 3 days later, they tried to introduce. It ended up with Eve, the adopter's Guinea Pig getting a good chunk of her nose bit up pretty bad.

Then they tried a buddy bath the next day, which worked to distract them in the sink. Then they were back to their old ways.

Then they used a perfume trick, where they put a dab of the same perfume on the Piggies' backs so they smelled the same. Still, it turned out the same as the other 2 attempts.

Luckily, the new owner had built a 2x6 C&C cage, so she could divide it and give both Pigs the minimum space of 2x3. So they are divided, but side by side for now.

[GuineaPigCages.com] My Rescued Piggy Lila And Her New Owner's Piggy

I was wondering what else that we can do to get them to be friendly toward each other?

Should we just keep trying?

Could it be because Lila is scared from her past? It could be that she has traveled a lot, from her old owner to me, to her new owner, to her new owner's home 2 hours away.

Will they be happy living side by side?

___

Thanks all!

You never know. Some pigs just don't ever get along with others. They may adjust, but they may end up just having to stay separated.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.