Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My pigs use their cozies as litter boxes? -___-

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
I decided to remove all igloos since they take up too much space and they spent too much time inside them. They're almost 2 yrs old so I figure they have nothing to be insecure about anymore, plus there is a loft overhang to chill under if they must.

I made two cuddle sacks for my girls, and they actually do sleep in them. Of course they also poo/pee A LOT in them but they sleep in them.

The Cuddle cup is literally their litterbox though. They hop in, poo a whole bunch, hop out. And sometimes they lay on top of it after :yuck: But I can't get them to use an actual litterbox of course.

I've tried putting it under the loft for security, or in the open.

Do your pigs do this? Should I be offended? L0L

My pigs also think cuddle cups are litter boxes. I got rid of them and just put a piece of fleece down that they burrow under. For lap time, I bought a small dog bed with shallow sides. This seems to do the trick. Shallow sides - no pee or poo

Um, yep, they're pigs. Except that real pigs don't sleep where they poop if they're given enough room to away from it.

I love when my pigs use their cozies as litter boxes... that means less sweeping up! It helps to have an abundance of cozies when your pigs do this.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.