Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior My pigs have gone digging crazy

CMDixon7

Cavy Slave
Hey all,

So I have had my two girls for awhile now and never any issues with them. Well recently they have decided that they MUST get under the fleece. I used to use about 10 binder clips without any digging issues, I have gone to 26 and still they go dig and dig until they get under, I have gone from about 1.3 yds of fleece to 2 full yards so it goes well over the edges a few inches and still they are insistant on gettiong under. I have added another igloo since one gal seems to be hogging one, and it is a larger so both coudl go in together I figured (funny the both huddle in the smaller oen still) I added more loose fleece and hay since I thought they were cold or maybe just "needed" to borrow... I am at a loss... any suggestions or anyone have this issue?

That's amazing that they can still manage to dig under with the fleece with it being clipped down to the sides. I wonder if adding a cozy fleece tunnel or something would help. How many hidey places are there in total?

They have a cuddle cup, a fleece forrest which is a whole grid of fleece pieces tied, a double igloo and a single. Three months weve had this set up and only the past two weeks have they been adamant that they get under. I even cut their nails so they wouldn't rip the fleece to get under

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.