Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior My Pigs Aren't Using The Ramp

CaptainMarvel

Cavy Slave
I built a two-story C&C cage for our two cavys .... and they don't seem to want to use the ramp between levels. Granted it's only been about a week, but I thought they would find this feature an additional "adventure" and/or "opportunity to explore."

Any thoughts, insight, advice?

Small trails of food or veggies going up the ramp. Coaxing or leading them up with their favorite treat from your hand. I use to have the same problem with many of my past cages. d:

Mine didn't like the ramp either. If the only source of hay was in the loft, they would go up there. If there was hay in the loft and on the first floor, they would never go up the ramp. I got rid of the loft.

Cover it temporarily with something -- drape a towel over it, or use a soft drink box or other cardboard. Once they get the idea, you can take it off.

Cover it temporarily with something -- drape a towel over it, or use a soft drink box or other cardboard. Once they get the idea, you can take it off.
You mean cover it like a "tunnel?"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.